What I believe:
I believe that your son or daughter is trying as hard as he or she can to succeed at school, in social situations, at sports, and at home. My advocacy services help to minimize the deficits and maximize the strengths.
I believe that students with abilities and disabilities deserve the best the world can provide. It’s not easy to live life with Non-Verbal Learning Disability (NVLD), Bi-Polar Disorder, Sensory Integration deficits, inconsistent attention, or Autism.
BJR Special Education Advocacy has been in business since 1998. Students, parents and educators have taught me that agreements can be reached without conflict, without legal involvement, and without stress and tension. I have a wide range of experience, a sense of humor, and many strategies to get things done on behalf of your child.
I always expect the best!
My policies include:
- Attending Team meetings at your request
- Being on time for all meetings and expecting the same of you
- Responding to email, voicemail and texts within 24 hours
- Meeting with you and arranging for me to meet with your child so that I can get a fuller picture of the issues
- Consistent, useful communication between and among family, regular and Special Education staff, and outside specialists